Copyright © 2001-2007
Synchronize Files and FoldersDo you have several computers? Notebook and PC? Be sure that all your PCs have the latest files and data! Handy Backup allows you to synchronize files between different locations without necessity to use any storage media. The newer version will replace the older one, and files missing on one computer will be added.
With Handy Backup you can easily keep all important files synchronized between servers, desktops, notebooks, LANs, ZIP disks, secondary hard disks, etc. You can also synchronize data with a remote FTP server. By keeping two or more copies of the data you can recover from disk failures or crashes much more quickly and reduce downtimes.
Management features include power scheduler, report generation and notification via email. Synchronization process can be triggered based on date/time/file modifications.
How does it work
You can select synchronization type when creating a new item and it can be changed later, any time you wish, through "Advanced" tab in Synchronize Item Properties window.
Synchronization can work in one or both directions. Handy Backup performs 3 types of synchronization:
- copying from the first folder to the second;
- copying from the second folder to the first;
- mirroring both folders: to make contents of both folders identical.
The following settings are using to decide what types of files should be included or excluded. You can specify the program action on detecting files with the same names:
- copy newer: to replace older files with newer ones;
- copy older: to replace newer files with older ones;
- copy smaller: to replace larger files with smaller ones;
- copy larger: to replace smaller files with larger ones;
- skip: to ignore files with the same names.
Also there is an option to delete all files in the destination folder except files copied from the source.